A progress update on dismantling our monocoque! This is how we left it on Thursday:
First off this morning was the removal of the fuel tank. Now that we had access to the underside of the vehicle this was much easier.
Cutting a car up, even with bigger power tool is still frankly a pain in the chassis. I discovered that using long blades on the reciprocating saw just resulted in the blades bending and distorting. I have ruined at least 10 x 225mm metal blades.
Sorter blades can only work through one layer at a time, but the blades last much longer. Once I got the hang of it we managed to turn the body into a pile of chunks like this
And move them outside. We now have one clean pile of car ready to be collected by a scrappy.
Now that we have space, its time to start stripping the skateboard a little more and to get started on cleaning that up. The Wishbones will look awful if we leave them with a layer of rust over the top!